Finding a freelance content writer with reasonable writer fees is challenging for a small business. It can be time-consuming. I want to save you that time and be an asset to your business. You’ll discover I have a strong work ethic and am disciplined and organized. Well-researched, quality content is my focus. No shortcuts. I look forward to our potential relationship.
Freelance Writer Fees & FAQs
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COPYWRITER AND CONTENT WRITER?
A copywriter creates ad copy, sales letters, web or print copy, or landing pages intended to influence or persuade your audience to make a purchase or subscribe to a service. In other words, convert. This marketing method is more short-term. Copywriting is selling.
A content writer typically creates material to inform and educate your audience to raise your brand awareness, build loyalty, establish credibility, and relay your company’s value and benefits. Content writing can be company blogs, articles, white papers, videos, and more, which can definitely be promotional. Content writing is geared toward longer-term intentions.
The objectives differ, but it’s all marketing.
WHAT IS THE INITIAL PROCESS BEFORE I’M HIRED?
We’ll start with a 20-30 minute discovery call to identify:
- Your requested topic and project deadline
- Where and to whom your content is targeted
- What your first priority is (client loyalty, helpful articles, leads, newsletter readership, brand exposure)
- Your users’ special interests or challenges (age, gender, hobbies, demographic)
- Our evaluation if you and I are a good working fit
WHEN CAN WE GET STARTED ON A FREELANCE WRITING PROJECT?
One-to-two weeks is standard unless I’m on a current project deadline
WHAT TYPE OF WRITING CAN I PROVIDE YOU?
- Articles: Long- or Short-form
- Blog articles
- Informative wellness
- Landing Pages / Lead Magnets
- Website content
- Email-Newsletters (informational or promotional E-Blasts)
WHAT ABOUT CONFIDENTIAL PROJECTS?
In contracting with CFOs and CEOs for 15 years, confidential work is paramount. This has included corporate acquisitions and their long-term preparation. Ghostwriting falls into the realm of confidentiality also. Your projects and information remain strictly confidential.
IS GHOSTWRITING ON THE MENU?
Yes, much of my writing over the years has been ghostwriting. Though well-paying, I narrow down these tasks as they provide no byline credit (which is painful on the portfolio). Fees are 20% higher for ghostwritten material.
WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESSES HAVE I WORKED WITH?
Over the years, most of my clients have been corporations in these industries:
- Health & Wellness
- Senior & Assisted Living
- Website Design (primarily WordPress)
- Real Estate
- Women’s Fitness
- Private Investigations
- Maritime Container Leasing
- Community TV Production
- Corporate Fitness/Gym
HOW IS PAYMENT HANDLED?
- As standard with most freelance writers, work begins with a 50% upfront payment. The remainder is due when I submit your completed work
- Monthly retainers (paid upfront) are possible if you wish regularly scheduled writing tasks
WHAT ARE PAYMENT METHODS AND RATES?
Options are PayPal, credit cards (via PayPal), or check.
Usually, a fee is project-based. If you request a ballpark word count, this helps me determine the fee range.
Project fees include:
- Quality SEO keyword integration (using best practices)
- Research time
- Your inbound links
- Two rounds of edits/revisions
ARE RATES HOURLY?
Not usually unless set up prior to the start of the job. Hourly rates are not cost-efficient for the client if a lot of research is required. Keeping costs manageable is my priority.
WHERE DO FREELANCE WRITING RATES START?
The most common project criteria is: Time spent, Research, Scope and Complexity
- Blog articles/posts start at $260(for 600-1000 words)
- Landing pages start at $650 (static)
- Email Newsletters vary and are based on complexity and scope per project
Website copy and Landing pages can be pricey.
Please let me know if I can answer more questions.